Thursday, July 24, 2008

Thank you for staring...I hope your shopping cart squeaks.

I felt the need to post a picture of Aidan looking semi-happy (or just sleepy) so I could remember what it looked like. She has been sooooo unhappy all day. I think she must be getting some new teeth. How else can I explain the 5 or so full on kicking and screaming, throwing her self on the floor episodes we experienced today? I went to Target with her this morning and had to leave without buying anything because I had a wailing banshee in my cart. I'm just not ready to brave the glares of fellow shoppers quite yet. I need a name tag that says 'Tantrum Trainee: Please do not judge me'

PS Is it just me or does Aidan look she's getting some red in her hair?

3 comments:

myra said...

Ahh the joys of living in the land of toddlerdom. Hang in there. She'll get over her tantrums. But I know it's not fun to see people staring at you while you're child has a meltdown in public. She's a cutie though! I love her blue eyes!

Aunt Gloria said...

5 episodes in one day huh...oh dear - she must be teething big time. Just remember how she usually just charms everyone in sight with those beautiful eyes and precious smile. An Angel!

Bethany said...

I feel your pain, Dara. Today at lovely and crowded Hanauma Bay Elliott flipped out because we had to put away the goldfish crackers she was eating and I made her put her hat on because of the never-ending bright sun here. So in front of a crowd of tourists SHE BIT MY SHOULDER. So I carried her facing out and she bit my arm instead. I should have been charging admission.