Sunday, July 19, 2009

Vacation Part 2: Land of Enchantment

Every time we go to New Mexico I fall more in love with the beautiful, and dramatic scenery.  We spent more time in Taos this year and it's my new favorite place. It is so funky and laid back and  art and flowers are everywhere. 
Shopping in the plaza.  I bought this shirt at the Wal-Mart, which was also made of adobe.  Or at least painted adobe.

My favorite part of the plaza.  So many cool stores, especially if you love jewelry.  

Outdoor metal art installations.  They turn in the wind. 

Doesn't this look like every Southwest calendar you've ever seen? All I need is a dreamcatcher and a howling coyote.

The amazingly cool free hippie playground in Taos.  I don't think we could have made it through the day without this. 

I love her little legs. 

Eating at the Alley Cantina, the oldest restaurant in Taos.  So maybe we caved in a little bit on the old pacifier. Only for vacation!

The beautiful valley surrounding Eagle Crest as we were leaving.  This water is so still and blue.

No comments: