Sunday, May 24, 2009

Librarianpalooza 09

I went to a librarian conference at Harding University this week. Believe it or not I actually had a pretty good time. I had to do a presentation on some new cataloging formats which I was pretty nervous about but after that I got to relax and have a good time.

After our meetings we went to the Clinton Presidential Library in Little Rock. It was so interesting and we got to have a backstage tour of the archives. The night before we were lucky enough to get to hear from a professor at Harding who worked in the Clinton White House. He was a great speaker and absolutely fascinating. He had some hilarious stories about working in the White House and his favorite people in the administration were Hillary and Tipper. It was really interesting to hear his insights and he was kind enough to come with us to the library and give us some juicy info that wasn't in the exhibits. Ask me about the Buttmaster. Trust me:)

After the library we were able to visit Little Rock Central High School made famous by the Little Rock Nine who fought for integration in Arkansas public schools. It was really eerie to walk up the same steps they did and imagine how scared they must have been with the mobs screaming at them. The other librarians were so sweet and funny and I heard some hilarious stories.


Fancy Smancy Harding, I guess it pays to have a football team and be BFF's with WalMart:)


Presenting, I was so nervous.


Dr. Jack Shock. He was so funny and interesting.

Clinton Presidential Library


Inside of the library, it was huge.


Replica of the Oval Office. This was so cool.

Little Rock Central High School. It was enormous.

Little Rock Central High School Museum

5 comments:

Gena said...

Too bad slick Willie was no where to be found. Actually, that's probably a good thing.....

Mandy said...

Glad you had fun, and glad you're back!

bcstark said...

Sounds like a great trip - and I had no idea Harding was so fancy. Way to go for presenting, too! I always get nervous with things like that.

Bethany said...

Great pictures! Sounds like it was worth missing the Idol finale after all. :)

Jayspee27 said...

WOW!! What a fun trip! I think the clinton library, on the outside, looks like a double wide, but on the inside is very cool! I'm glad you had fun! :)