Friday, February 20, 2009

I take it all back

Just when I was ready to break up with the internet it saves my life! I am a habitual cell phone loser. I always leave it in the car or get it stuck in the couch cushions, or absentmindedly put it in the fridge. Yes I have done that. This is doubly bad because we don't have a house phone so I can never find it if Ben's not there.

Last night I had looked for my phone for close to an hour. I was so frustrated! I can't even set my alarm without my cell phone. Then I did a desperate Google search and found a site called phonemyphone.com. This is the greatest thing that has ever been invented. You put in your number and it will call your phone for you! You can give it a specific time to call or just say ASAP, you can even tell it how many times to call your phone. Within 60 seconds my phone was ringing and I found the phone under Aidan's crib (Aidan also likes to steal and hide my phone).

Hopefully it didn't charge me $15 or something, but in this case it was worth it.

Sometimes she just eats it.


5 comments:

Bethany said...

Sometime I want to hear what freaked you out so about the internet. I don't know what cell phone plan you have, but we have T-mobile and they offer a certain type of landline that uses a router for only $10 a month. I think I will have to get that because I am terrified of losing my phone when Chad is out of town.

Emily said...

What a cool website! About a month ago, I lost my phone but I knew it was in my house (we don't have a home phone either) so I had to put on my facebook status that I needed someone to call me.

Newberry said...

Thank you, thank you, thank you!!! I feel like I spend half of my life looking for my phone, and since we don't have a home phone either it is even more difficult. I actually had to use this website today; it was great!

Ryan and Katie said...

That is an awesome website! Especially since most people I know don't have a land line these days. Thanks for the comment...I stalk your blog occasionally too. Ahh--it feels good to come clean :)

Amanda said...

Wow, that was a really great website! Thanks for posting!