Tuesday, October 27, 2009

What I won't be wearing this pregnancy...

I'm trying to assess what's left of my maternity clothes as they seem to have all disappeared in the past 2 1/2 years. I was browsing the interwebs when I came upon American Apparel's new maternity line. I thought it must be a joke. But this is real. If you are currently expecting, know that you too can purchase a fabulous little outfit like this.

I don't know about you but when I was pregnant I often thought, you know what would make me look better and feel less huge? Some sort of spandex unitard.

I am willing to bet cold hard cash that no one involved with the development of this line has ever been pregnant. Was there a focus group? Did this focus group include pregnant 15 yr olds? I'm not exactly sure that's an audience you should be targeting. I can't for the life of me imagine a pregnant person talking to a designer and saying, You know what I would really love? An outfit that makes it even harder to pee ever 5 minutes. Yeah I want something I have to completely peel down to my ankles.

Oh don't worry there's an option for all the summer mommies too. Order now, they may sell out.

PS Before you ask, no these are not work out clothes. Although I'm not sure that would make it better.

PSS If you think this is cute...just don't talk to me.


9 comments:

Elizabeth Mullins said...

Dara, you are hilarious! Although, I think they possibly could be made of dry fit material so if you did wet yourself it would wick it dry in seconds. Wetness not a problem, the smell well...we might have to talk!

Tamra said...

No way....

ann said...

I know this is so wrong... but I honestly thought the second one was a Halloween costume of pregnant Britney Spears or something. Yikes!

Bethany said...

Just stick to the Liz Lange at Target sale racks... it's a scary maternity fashion world out there.

Emily said...

What? Why will you not be wearing those? They seem so practical for pregnant women.

When I was pregnant with Kendall, I had the bright idea to wear maternity panty hose in my eighth month. My friend asked me if I wanted to go to bathroom with her and I said no because I was honestly afraid I couldn't get the hose back up.

Mandy said...

Have you ever seen Jonny Makeup? His dad is the designer for American Apparel. I think Jonny had something to do with it. He/She is pretty flamboyant!

Jaime said...

Tamra told me I had to see this. It is reminding me a lot of the UNITS from back in the 80s. (You may be too young to remember that.) I will be sticking to something that can be removed WAY quickly in the bathroom...I have had too many close calls.

Anonymous said...

Dara, I'm wearing that outfit right now...in hot pink. It really accentuates my thighs and hips, which are about 8 months pregnant at this point.

babyblueeyed girl said...

wow i just lost laughing
thanks for the laugh i really needed it