Friday, April 25, 2008

You're so vain, you probably think your blog is about you...

I played Aidan the video of her clapping and she thought it was the best thing she'd ever seen. She laughed at herself for about 10 minutes as I played it over and over. I played her some videos of babies on YouTube and she enjoyed that as well but she is still her favorite video star.

I know that from this picture of her luscious locks you might think I'm passing a 4 yr old off as my 10 1/2 month old daughter. But that's all her hair. Is it bad that I kind of want to find the hundreds of perfect strangers in various grocery stores who told me her hair would all fall out and say HA? I would also like to find them and say that yes she's warm enough, yes I took her out when it was raining and she lived, and yes I had to stop breastfeeding sooner than recommended and I didn't burst into flames. What is it about the grocery store that makes people so eager to enlighten you on parenting? Is it the soothing muzak, the fluorescent lighting, the intoxicating scent of so many Hostess products under one roof? It's a mystery.

Yeah I'm standing....jealous?

3 comments:

Emily said...

What is it with people? I have been told countless times that Kendall's hair will fall out. Also, when Kendall was a week old, we went out to eat for my brother in law's birthday and a lady told me to, "Get that baby back home." Why it was any of her business I don't know. And a stranger also told me that breastfeeding my babies was going to make them clingy. Thanks for the advice people!

Amanda said...

LOL, I'm thinking it must be some sort of parent right of passage to give unwanted advice to new mothers, even if it's not solicited!

BTW, I like your new layout!

Mandy said...

I seriously thought that was the back of your head! You guys are twins!I can't believe she's standing!